b. Third-Party Materials.As a part of the Site and/or Services, you may have access to materials that are hosted by another party. You agree that it is impossible for us to monitor such materials and that you access these materials at your own risk.
- Infringes the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of others;
- Violates the privacy, publicity, or other rights of third parties or any other law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- Is false or inaccurate or becomes false or inaccurate at any time;
- Is discriminatory, unlawful, tortious, obscene, fraudulent, defamatory, harmful, threatening, pornographic, indecent, vulgar, harassing, discourteous, hateful, abusive or racially, ethnically, religiously, sexually or otherwise offensive, as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- Discloses or provides information protected under any law, agreement or fiduciary relationship, including but not limited to proprietary or confidential information of others;
- Misrepresents your identity in any way;
- Contains any viruses, Trojan horses, spyware. malware, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other disabling devices or other harmful component intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Advocates or encourages any illegal activity; or
- Has the potential to create liability for us or cause us to violate the requirements of or to lose the services, in whole or in part, of our Internet service providers or other suppliers.
However, when you as a user post or publish Content that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available on the Site ( “Your Content”), you grant us a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive and fully sub licensable right (including any moral rights) and license to use, license, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform, publicly display, derive revenue or other remuneration from, and communicate to the public, Your Content (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any worldwide intellectual property right, including moral rights, that may exist in Your Content. Please remember that other Users may search for, see, use, modify and reproduce any of Your Content that you submit to any “public” area of the Site. You warrant that the holder of any worldwide intellectual property right, including moral rights, in Your Content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. You agree that you, not us, are responsible for all of Your Content on the Site.
- Conduct or promote any illegal activities while using the Site or Services;
- Upload, distribute or print anything that may be harmful to minors;
- Attempt to reverse engineer or jeopardize the correct functioning of the Site, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the software (including the tools, methods, processes, and infrastructure) that enables or underlies the Site;
- Attempt to gain access to secured portions of the Site or Services to which you do not possess access rights;
- Upload or transmit any form of virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other malicious code;
- Use the Site or Services to generate unsolicited email advertisements or spam;
- Use the Site or Services to stalk, harass or harm another individual;
- Use any high volume automatic, electronic or manual process to access, search or harvest information from the Site or Services (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts);
- Interfere in any way with the proper functioning of the Site and Services or interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks connected to the Site or Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site or Services;
- Use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to extract, “screen scrape,” monitor, “mine,” or copy any static or dynamic web page on the Site or the Content contained on any such web page for commercial use without our prior express written permission;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
- Mirror or frame the Site or any Content, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages.
7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. This site and all content, products and services included on or otherwise made available to you through this site are provided by us “with all faults” and on an “as is” and “as available” basis, unless otherwise specified in writing. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, as to the operation of this site or the content, products or services included on, or otherwise made available to you through, this site, unless otherwise specified in writing, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use or purpose, non-infringement, quiet enjoyment, and accuracy. You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. You acknowledge and agree that we are only willing to provide access to the site and services if you agree to certain limitations of our liability to you and to third parties. you understand that to the extent permitted under applicable law, in no event will we or our officers, employees, directors, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or licensors be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of revenues, profits, goodwill, use, data, lost opportunities, or business interruptions or other intangible losses (even if such parties were advised of, knew of or should have known of the possibility of such damages, and notwithstanding the failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy), arising out of or related to your use of or access to, or the inability to use or to access, the site or the services, regardless of whether such damages are based on contract, tort (including negligence and strict liability), warranty, statute or otherwise. We will not be liable for any damages arising from the transactions between you and third party merchants or for any information appearing on third party merchant sites or any other site linked to our site. If you are dissatisfied with any portion of this site or the services, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue use of the site and the services. our total liability to you for all claims arising from or related to the site or the services is limited, in aggregate, to the greater of (i) the total amount of the order giving rise to our liability and (ii) ten dollars (u.s. $10.00). some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages.
Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances WILL WE or our licensors be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces or causes beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, OR non-performance of third parties. Some states do not allow exclusion of implied warranties, so these exclusions may not apply in individual cases. You may have additional rights that vary from state to state. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty, the scope and duration of such warranty will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
10. PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. It is our policy to terminate membership privileges of any User who repeatedly infringes copyright upon prompt notification to us by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Site and/or Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of the location on the Site and/or Services of the material that you claim is infringing; (iv) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Contact information for our Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is as follows: Copyright Agent, 600 WORCESTER RD, SUITE 202, FRAMINGHAM, MA 01702 [email protected].
12. INTERNATIONAL USERS. This Site can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to services and Products that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that we intend to announce such services or Products in your country. The Site and Services are controlled and offered by us from its facilities in the United States of America. We make no representations that the Site is available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Site or the Services from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law. The following provisions shall apply only if you are located in the countries listed below.
- United Kingdom. A third party who is not a party to the Terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any provision of the Terms, but this does not affect any right or remedy of such third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in Section 14, We are also not liable for acts of simple negligence (unless they cause injuries to or death of any person), except when they are caused by a breach of any substantial contractual obligations (vertragswesentliche Pflichten).
a. Assignment.These Terms, and your rights and obligations hereunder, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without our prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void.
i. Any claim or dispute (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as set forth below) in connection with the Terms where the total amount of the award sought is less than Five Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $5,000.00) may be resolved in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration, at the option of the party seeking relief. Such arbitration shall be initiated through an established alternative dispute resolution provider (“ADR Provider”) that offers arbitration as set forth in this section and under the rules of such ADR Provider, except to the extent such rules are in conflict with the Terms. The party demanding arbitration will propose an ADR Provider and the other party shall not unreasonably withhold consent to use such ADR Provider. The ADR Provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: (1) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions and the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; (2) all arbitration proceedings shall be held in English; (3) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed to by the parties; and (4) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Each party shall bear its own costs (including attorney fees) and disbursements arising out of the arbitration, and shall pay an equal share of the fees and costs of the ADR Provider. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may seek injunctive or other equitable relief to protect its intellectual property rights in any court of competent jurisdiction. Please note that the laws of the jurisdiction where you are located may be different from Massachusetts law, including the laws governing what can legally be sold, bought, exported, offered or imported. You shall always comply with all the international and domestic laws, ordinances, regulations and statutes that are applicable to your use of the Site and/or Services.
iv. You and us must abide by the following rules: (1) ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT BY YOU OR US MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING; (2) THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING, AND MAY NOT AWARD CLASS-WIDE RELIEF; (3) in the event that you are able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to costs of litigation, we will pay as much of your filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive as compared to the cost of litigation; (4) We also reserve the right in its sole and exclusive discretion to assume responsibility for all of the costs of the arbitration; (5) the arbitrator shall honor claims of privilege and privacy recognized at law; (6) the arbitration shall be confidential, and neither you nor we may disclose the existence, content or results of any arbitration, except as may be required by law or for the purposes of enforcement of the arbitration award; (7) the arbitrator may award any individual relief or individual remedies that are permitted by applicable law; and (8) each side pays its own attorneys’ fees and expenses unless there is a statutory provision that requires the prevailing party to be paid its fees and litigation expenses, and then in such instance, the fees and costs awarded shall be determined by applicable law.
vi. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or us may bring an individual action in small claims court. Further, claims of defamation, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and infringement or misappropriation of the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secret shall not be subject to this arbitration agreement. Such claims shall be exclusively brought in the state or federal courts located in Middlesex County, Suffolk County or Norfolk County, Massachusetts. Additionally, notwithstanding this agreement to arbitrate, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before the state or federal courts located in Middlesex County, Suffolk County or Norfolk County, Massachusetts, in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration, and hereby agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Middlesex County, Suffolk County or Norfolk County, Massachusetts for such purpose. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of the right to arbitrate.
vii. With the exception of (iv)(1) and (2) above (prohibiting arbitration on a class or collective basis), if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable, or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, either (iv)(1) or (2) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither you nor us shall be entitled to arbitration. If for any reason, a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the dispute shall be exclusively brought in state or federal court in Middlesex County, Suffolk County or Norfolk County, Massachusetts. By using the Site and/or Services in any manner, you agree to the above arbitration provision.
d. Governing Law. The Terms and any action related thereto will be governed and interpreted by and under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act, without giving effect to any principles that provide for the application of the law of another jurisdiction. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms.
e. Choice of Language. It is the express wish of the parties that these Terms and all related documents have been drawn up in English. C’est law volone expresse des parties que la presente convention ainsi que les documents qui s’y rattacent soient rediges en anglais.
f. Export Control. You may not use, export, import, or transfer any of our materials except as authorized by U.S. law, the laws of the jurisdiction in which you obtained our materials, and any other applicable laws. In particular, but without limitation, our materials may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any United States embargoed countries; or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Persons List or Entity List. By using the Products or our materials, you represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You also will not use the Products or our materials for any purpose prohibited by U.S. law, including the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. You acknowledge and agree that products, services or technology provided by us are subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States. You shall comply with these laws and regulations and shall not, without prior U.S. government authorization, export, re-export, or transfer our products, services or technology, either directly or indirectly, to any country in violation of such laws and regulations.
g. Release. You hereby release us and our successors from claims, demands, any and all losses, damages, rights, and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from your use of the Site and/or Services, including but not limited to, any interactions with or conduct of other Users or third-party websites of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Terms or your use of the Site and/or Services. If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.
h. Force Majeure. We shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
i. Compliance. If you believe that we have not adhered to the Terms, please contact us by emailing us at [email protected]. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your complaint has been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
j. Limitations Period. WE AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE TERMS, THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES OR THE CONTENT MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
k. Notice. Where we require that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices required/ permitted by the Terms, we dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. You may give notice to us at the following address: 600 WORCESTER RD, SUITE 202, FRAMINGHAM, MA 01702. Such notice shall be deemed given when received by us by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail at the above address.
l. Waiver. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of the Terms on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
m. Severability .If any provision of the Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of the Terms will remain enforceable, and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law.
n. Entire Agreement. The Terms are the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede and merge all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter.